The Ale81 and Diet Coke perfectly accompany an American summer!
Okay, okay. We already know I love potatoes. But fun fact, other people love potatoes too! This is the last thing I made for the boys at the Deathstar - Jake was leaving soon for Seattle and I was moving back home to Brighton for the summer. That day we grilled, and my we I mean the boys grilled and I made home fries in the oven, the perfect accompaniment to burgers. These are crispy on the outside, but soft and sturdy on the inside. I ate a few of these, but Jake and Ron ate most of them with rave reviews. Also, thank you to Jake for recommending that I put a little crazy salt in the salt/black pepper mixture.
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crazy Salt
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and cut into wedges.
- Arrange the potatoes on the bottom of a baking pan with the skin side down (so that no part of the inside of the potato is touching the bottom of the pan).
- Drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle on the desired amount of salt, pepper and crazy salt.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes, but it may take longer. The potatoes are ready when the outsides are crispy and a fork is easily inserted into the thickest part of the potato wedge.