I would be lying if I said I only had this every once in a while. I eat a pita pizza about 5 times a week, usually for lunch. It is inexpensive to make, doesn't take much time and is healthy. The pitas I use are low carb and because I use pesto as a base, they are low sugar too. Then to make them even healthier, I load it with veggies and sometimes use a little bit of shredded chicken lunch meat. What's even better, is that this is filling. I rarely am hungry for something else once I'm done eating. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat a pita pizza for dinner - with pesto, yellow/red/green pepper, diced onions, blue cheese & crushed red pepper.
- 1 whole wheat pizza cut in half
- Sauce of choice (I use pesto)
- Choice of toppings, I used blue cheese, shredded lunch meat chicken, onions, crushed red pepper and spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with tin foil.
- Slice pita in half (so you have two circles). Spread on sauce of choice, sprinkle on cheese of choice and finish off with some veggies.
- Cook in oven for 8 minutes, or until the crust is crispy.
- Let cool for one minute, cut and enjoy!