Set down the box of Bisquick. Now slowly step away. I made these pancakes for the housemates before Saturday Football (go blue!), and I must say that we were all happy and full afterwards. These buttermilk pancakes are incredibly rich & fluffy and only slightly more time consuming than a box mix. It employs a standard separate wet/dry mixture (which I guess means more dishes) but you have hot off the griddle pancakes in no time. As with most all pancakes, you do NOT want to over beat these. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until they are just combined - you want them to be lumpy!
Saturday Morning Football Pancakes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together milk, eggs and vegetable oil in a medium bowl, then whisk in the butter.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in another medium bowl. Whisk in egg mixture until combined.