Today is one of my days off and I felt like experimenting. No, no... not with the chemicals of science, but the chemicals of COOKING! (However, if you talk to Alton Brown, science is cooking and cooking is science). Now, I was having a hankering for peanut butter cookies, but I didn't want just plain peanut butter cookies. I wanted them to have some spice, some crunch... just a little more flavor. Hence, I thought of what I usually have in my oatmeal when I make it for breakfast: Cinnamon and Peanut Butter. Thus, the birth of "Bowl o' Oatmeal Cookies"
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Once light and fluffy, cream in the peanut butter, cinnamon, and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combines. Make teaspoon-sizes balls and drop onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Flatten lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 13 and a half minutes in the oven, or until just light brown.