CONGRATULATIONS CAROLINE! If you all didn't know, which I doubt you do, today was my sister's LAST day of high school. To celebrate her completion of her prison sentence at Brighton High School, I made her a nice little breakfast. Since we will be taking a family vacation to Europe in two weeks, I thought it'd be nice to make something 'from' one of the countries we're visiting... "German Pancakes"!
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- Heat oven to 400°F. Butter two 9-inch cake pans well.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer until light yellow.
- With the electric mixer still running, add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes; then reduce heat to 350°F and bake 10 minutes. Slide onto hot plates.
- Either heat up some maple syrup or dust with powdered sugar, either way, you'll enjoy it!