- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil
(I told you, so easy! Only FOUR ingredients!)
- Place a rack in the top level of the oven and then preheat to 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry the asparagus, cut off the ends, then peel (with a vegetable peeler) the lower portion of the asparagus.
- Arrange on a large cookie sheet/jelly roll pan and drizzle with olive oil, followed by a nice sprinkling of fresh ground pepper and kosher salt.
- With a spatula (or your hands), roll the asparagus around on the pan so it gets coated with the olive oil and spices. Make sure that before the asparagus is placed in the oven, it is evenly arranged on the baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until the asparagus has started to wilt/look 'roasted'
- If you want, you can grate some parmesan over the hot asparagus. Otherwise, plate and enjoy!